QR Codes, or "quick response" codes, are designed to bridge the gap between printed materials and the internet. In fact, QR codes can:
How To Use QR Codes Effectively
QR codes provide an effective way for a reader of an advertisement to simply scan the QR code with their smart phone and learn more about the product or service being offered. The QR code can take the user to a mobile website for more information, link them to a YouTube video or open a brochure. Here are some QR codes samples:
To be able to read a QR code, the user needs to have the appropriate software on their phone. Simply going to www.getscanlife.com from the phone will determine what software is needed.
By definition, when engaging customers or prospects via text message marketing or QR codes, the customer is using their phone at that exact moment. Linking the customer to a regular desk-top website doesn't make sense and is not very friendly. Make sure to use a mobile website as the target website for all text message marketing and QR code campaigns.
- - Mobile Websites: Websites that have been optimized to fit nicely on small cellphone screens.
- - Text Message Marketing: Text message marketing is a great way to initiate contact with prospects and their cell phone.
- - QR Codes: QR (Quick Response) codes can be scanned with a smart phone's camera and link the user to a website.
Did You Know?
- - Smart phones play a part in the purchasing decision for over 50% of consumers. This includes researching a product, finding best price or locating a store that sells the item.
- - 30% of all Google searches originate on a smart phone.
- - 90% of all text messages are read within 15 minutes of receipt.
- - Text messages are read more than email (because of all the email spam).